We are not currently calling for new articles or reviews.
- The submission must be of a standard style preferably using the most recent version of the MHRA style guide :
Available directly from MHRA.
- A Microsoft Word template to assist in the writing of the article is found here? IJMS Article Template.
- The submission can include supplementary files such as graphs, pictures, images, or video and audio files to be stored on IJoC server. Graphics should be in JPEG, GIF, PNG, or TIFF format. Audio segments should be in MP3, or AIFF, WAV (Windows Audio Wave) format. Video segments should be in Quicktime, MPEG, AVI (Video for Windows), or WMV (Windows Media Video) format. Other audio and video file formats may be acceptable; but please check with us before uploading them to confirm their compatibility with our software and our conversion programs.
- We encourage authors to obtain appropriate permissions to use materials originally produced by others, but do not require such permissions as long as the usage of such materials falls within the boundaries of Fair Use.
- An abstract is required for an article submission. Please be sure to complete the text box for an abstract in the submission’s metadata section.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text uses the prepared article template; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is available here from MHRA.
The IJMS is an academic journal. As such, it is dedicated to the open exchange of information. For this reason, IJMS is freely available to individuals and institutions. Copies of this journal or articles in this journal may be distributed for research or educational purposes free of charge and without permission. However, commercial use of the IJMS website or the articles contained herein is expressly prohibited without the written consent of the editor.
Authors who publish in the International Journal of Mormon Studies will release their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives (by-nc-nd) license. This license allows anyone to copy and distribute the article for non-commercial purposes provided that appropriate attribution is given. For details of the rights authors grants users of their work, see the human-readable summary of the license, with a link to the full license. (Note that “you” refers to a user, not an author, in the summary.)
This journal utilises the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
The publisher perpetually authorizes participants in the LOCKSS system to archive and restore our publication through the LOCKSS System for the benefit of all LOCKSS System participants. Specifically participating libraries may:
- Collect and preserve currently accessible materials;
- Use material consistent with original license terms;
- Provide copies to other LOCKSS appliances for purposes of audit and repair.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.